Thursday 11 August 2011

The Dinner Guest

A young woman by the name Rebecca went to her mailbox and noticed a letter that had no stamp, no post-mark, only her name
and address. She read the letter:

"Dear Rebecca, I'm going to be in your neighbourhood Saturday afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit. Love Always,
Jesus"

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table
Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer.
With that thought, she reached for her purse and counted out it's contents: five dollars and forty cents. "Well, I can get some bread and cold cuts, at least. She threw on her coat and rushed to the store to buy something for dinner. Rebecca had only a grand total of twelve cents remaining to last her until Monday. As she walked back, she heard a croaky voice: "Hey
Lady can you help us?" Rebecca had been so absorbed in her dinner plans, she hadn't noticed two figures standing by the
sidewalk: a man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags. "Miss, I don't have a job. My wife and I have
been living out here on the streets. We are kind of hungry. If you could help us Lady, we would appreciate it."
Rebecca answered: "Sir, I'd like to help you, but all I have is a few cold cuts, some bread and a carton of milk. I am
having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving it to Him"....

Rebecca finally said to the couple: "Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest." She handed the man her grocery bag. "Thank you Lady. Thank you very much." "Yes thank you!" It was the man's wife
speaking. Rebecca unbuttoned her jacket and put it over the shivering woman's shoulders. Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street, without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest. "Thank you Lady! Thank you very much!"
Rebecca became worried: The LORD was coming to visit her and she didn't have anything to offer HIM. She fumbled through
her purse for the door key. As she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox. "That is odd. The mailman doesn't
come twice in one day." She took the envelope out of the box and opened it. It read: "Dear Rebecca, it was so good to see
you again. Thank you for the lovely meal and for the beautiful coat. Love Always, Jesus."

The air was still cold but even without her coat, Rebecca no longer noticed. Jesus appeared to her in the form of a poor
couple.

Note that in eternity, we will have to show the Almighty God how we helped our brothers and sisters who were in need.

Mother Theresa said: "WE CAN DO NO GREAT THINGS,ONLY SMALL THINGS WITH GREAT LOVE."

Source: Our Daily Manna

No comments:

Post a Comment